All content on this web site and e-newsletters sent out are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Whilst every reasonable effort has been made to accurately prepare the information, its accuracy is not guaranteed.
All rights reserved. No part of this information or offering may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage or retrieval systems without prior permission in writing from Asia Pacific Properties.
Collection of Customer’s Personal Information
For the purpose of carrying on APP and APP Mobility business including sale, provision, registration and advertisements of APP and APP Mobility services, APP Group will collect your personal information when you:
- enter into an agreement for services with APP and APP Mobility;
- enquire as to information about a service of APP and APP Mobility;
- contact APP and APP Mobility with an enquiry or complaint;
- enter any promotions, competitions, prize draws through APP and APP Mobility services;
- use APP and APP Mobility services;
- visit or browse APP websites.
Types of Personal Data Collected
For the purpose of carrying on APP & APP Mobility business including sale, provision, registration and administration of APP and APP Mobility services, the information that APP and APP Mobility includes but is not limited to the following:
- your name;
- correspondence address and/or billing address;
- account details, including account numbers, service numbers or user accounts;
- payment details including credit card information, bank account and other banking information;
- contact details, including contact name and fixed and mobile telephone and email address;
- your date of birth;
- information for the verification of your identity including identification number;
- your preferences for particular services;
- a note or recording of a call that you made to APP and APP Mobility general lines;
- an email or letter that you sent to APP and APP Mobility; and other records of any contact you have with APP and APP Mobility; and
- your account information, such as dates of payment, the services you have subscribed to, and any other information relating to your account.
Use of Customers’ Personal Information
APP and APP Mobility may use and analyse your information for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- for the daily operation of APP and APP Mobility services provided to customers;
- designing services or products for customers’ use;
- processing your order and providing the products and services that you have bought from APP and APP Mobility;
- keeping you updated of APP and APP Mobility latest offers or promotions;
- marketing the following products and services (in respect of which APP and APP Mobility may or may not be remunerated):
- all services by APP and APP Mobility including residential & commercial real estate services, relocation services;
- products and services offered by Asia Pacific Properties Group Company, i.e. Okay.com)
- assisting you with any services enquiries, including investigating and resolving service affecting issues and dealing with any billing enquiries you may have;
- billing you for using APP and APP Mobility services;
- analyzing usage of APP and APP Mobility services by you and other customers so that APP Group can further improve APP and APP Mobility services and/or better tailor the type of services presented to clients;
- carrying out research and statistical analysis and monitoring client use of APP and APP Mobility services on an anonymous or depersonalised basis;
- assisting APP in fraud or crime prevention;
- debt tracing, debt recovery and credit management; and
- contacting you if necessary.
Retention of Personal Data
APP Group will destroy any personal data it may hold in accordance with internal policy. Personal data will only be retained as long as APP and APP Mobility need it unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations or for the purpose of investigation, detection and prosecution of crime.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
All personal data held by APP Group will be kept confidential but APP Group may disclose information about you to the following parties:
- companies in the Asia Pacific Properties Group, i.e. Okay.com;
- contractors, agents and suppliers who are involved in delivering the products and services you have ordered and used;
- any banking or financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies;
- credit information or reference bureaus;
- debt-collection agencies or other debt-recovery organizations;
- emergency services;
- professional advisors (including lawyers and auditors);
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to APP in connection with the operation of its business;
- law-enforcement or government bodies, regulatory bodies, courts or as required by law;
- any person to whom APP is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on APP or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which APP is expected to comply;
- third party reward, loyalty and privileges programme providers
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Hong Kong
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for APP to transfer certain personal data to other group companies or service providers outside of Hong Kong. This may happen if APP servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside of Hong Kong or if you use APP services while visiting countries outside Hong Kong. APP will endeavour to ensure that your personal information used by such third parties is in accordance with this policy.
Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”), and subject to the exemptions specified in the Ordinance, any customer:
- has the right to check whether APP holds any personal data about him or her and has a right to receive copies of such data;
- has the right to require APP to correct any personal data relating to him or her which is inaccurate; and
- has the right to ascertain APP’ policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by APP.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, APP Group is entitled to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving or re-commence receiving direct marketing may be made in writing by email or post to:
Manager - Corporate Communications
Asia Pacific Properties Ltd.
14/F Wilson House,
19-27 Wyndham Street,
Central, Hong Kong
Please identify yourself with your name and contact number when writing to the Manager - Corporate Communications.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the version posted on the website and previous versions, this version shall prevail. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this policy, the English version shall prevail.